Uni-Account? What is it?
Every member of Freiburg University has a Username (UserID), which gives University members access to all important IT services.
The Uni-Account UserID consists of an individual’s first initials followed by a random number. Students receive Uni-Accounts automatically upon matriculation. University staff can register themselves for an account, and all other affiliates of the University must apply for an account. The Uni-Account is used to access the following services:
- Online course schedules, registration confirmation and exam registration (LSF) through the University’s administration
- E-learning platform CampusOnline
- Freiburg University Library's as well as Baden-Württemberg Library’s Online literature databases (ReDI)
- Use of the main computer work-stations (e.g. University IT Services and University Library)
- Internet access through VPN/WLAN
- Freiburg University e-mail accounts
- Personal Storage Space
- Personal Homepage (Omnibus)
- Printers of the IT Service Center
- PC access in Windows pools, computer labs or at "net.points"
You can manage your Uni-Account with the online tool myAccount, which is accessible from any computer with internet. This is where you set your central password, which grants access to the University’s web-based services. MyAccount is where you can manage your personal information, especially the e-mail address the IT Department should use to contact you. This is also where you can set up your personal University e-mail account or add credit to your printing account, so you can print cash-free at the University IT Services or at the University library. You can also subscribe to various public University newsletters, such as the newsletter for students and staff (currently available in German). In order to use the University’s WLAN network, you will need a different password (RAS password), which is set up and managed in myAccount.
The Rectorate gives out the rights to a Uni-Account as stated in the “Authorization Concept for IT-Services.” The Uni-Account is disabled upon leave from the University. You will be notified per e-mail before the account is rendered inoperative.
Contact Person: User support